Textures & finishes
The finish you choose for your Gerard pressed steel roof will make a major contribution to the appearance of your home. Your choice will be influenced by the architectural style of your home and your intended colour scheme. Budget is also a factor – textured finishes come at higher price, however they add more to the market value of your home.
Natural stone chips are fused to the metal tile with a base of acrylic resin and a resilient over-glaze. Some colours are completely natural; others are permanently coloured using ceramic technology.
- The roof has a stronger, more substantial look
- Tiles have additional (three-layer) protection from the elements
- Textured finishes last longer than paint finishes
- Gerard textured stone finishes have a 20 year warranty
Gerard’s satin finish is superior to the finish on colour steel. Colour steel is painted with a powder-coat or epoxy resin before it is shaped, which means the surface can experience micro-cracking where it has been stretched. Gerard’s satin finish tiles are spray painted with a 45-micron topcoat of ultra-tough polymer acrylic after the shape has been pressed into the steel, ensuring a consistent covering with no micro-cracks.
- Less expensive than a textured finish
- Low-light reflection gives a smoother appearance, allowing you to appreciate the detail of the tile surface
- Painting after shaping prevents micro-cracks
- Gerard’s satin finish has a 15 year warranty
Custom finishes for Gerard pressed steel roofs can be created for special projects. With our satin finish, we can match any colour sample. This facility is useful if you’re building in an area with colour covenants. We also have the ability to develop a custom textured finish – for example, we could work with stone that’s native to your home’s location. Talk to us about the possibilities.